viernes, 24 de agosto de 2012

APRENDIENDO A COMPARTIR....

POESIA PERSA Y ARTE FOTOGRÁFICO


Ahmad Shamlou (From Listen!, 1957)

The bad year,
The sad year,
The windy year,
...
The tearful year,
The year of overwhelming–
doubts...

The year,
its nights- were running too long,
and its patience- falling too short.

The year, Pride begged at its knees.
The year of shadows–
and of sorrows,
The Bad Year!

But then,
exactly when,
in the bad year,
I was about- to turn into ash–
I went on fire.

**&**

I was bad.
But I was not evil.
I escaped from Evil.
And the whole world cursed me.

But somehow,
I found the stars- in the dark night.
I found the unspoiled- in the ocean of plight.

And I found you!
Then, all my might- and all my words,
my flesh and my soul, turned into a poem.

I asked you:
“Be my little bird and I promise–
by your return, the next spring–
I become a blossomed tree.”

You smiled.
The bad year left.
I came back to Life.

**&**

I want to be good.
I want to be you!
This is all, I can now–
confess to you.

Listen!
Stay with me!
Stay forever, if you please!


Trans.: Maryam Dilmaghani, July 2009, New Brunswick.

PS. The picture is Bringer of Dawn by M. Rassouli:
http://www.rassouli.com/index.html

.
Ver más

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario